Building your custom home or undertaking a large remodel is often the result of a lifetime of planning, dreaming and saving. You want to be sure that the builder you choose has the business reputation, stability, experience and service that will make sure that the journey to your new home is a positive one.
Here are just some of the ways that we stand out from the crowd to deliver superior results — and the ultimate building experience:
- It’s very common in the home construction industry that companies come and go. The ESI founder, Dave Sipes is one of just a few home builders providing great success and service in the Sacramento region over the past 30 years.
- We have a stellar reputation within the business community with our vendors, suppliers, trade partners and staff for being fair, upfront, honest and true to our word.
- Our Design/Build process has been proven to reduce costly budget overruns and speed up delivery time.
- For each project we assemble a customized team of professionals to focus on every detail of your job, from start to finish. These are pros who we’ve worked with for years and who we know and trust to uphold the same standards of attention to detail, professionalism and dedication to serving our clients.
- Having been a certified home performance contractor within the Energy Upgrade California (EUC) Program, ESI is one of the few custom home builders in Northern California to earn relevant Certifications from the Building Performance Institute (BPI).
- Every home project can be stressful. However the key to keeping that stress to a minimum is honest, straight forward and regular communication at every phase. As a homeowner you need to know what’s going on and what happens next.
- This is where our online, homeowner project portal stream lines this process. You’ll get daily updates of work done, photos, what’s scheduled to happen next ask a question and get information on just about every detail of your project.
- We offer a one year warranty on all aspects of a custom home we build, a four year warranty for home systems like HVAC and plumbing, and a ten year warranty on the structure. That’s about five times longer than the industry standard.
- If there are any problems with your home that are covered by one of our warranties, one call to our office is all you need to make — we’ll take it from there and coordinate repairs with subcontractors as necessary.
The bottom line is that your project is in the hands of some of the most experienced home construction professionals in the area.
David Sipes – President and CEO
As a second generation homebuilder, I have been immersed to the industry for as long as I can remember. I started helping my dad as soon as I was able to push a broom and gained a great deal of technical knowledge by doing carpentry, drywall and just about anything else my father instructed me to do. Working on all aspects of the business growing up, it was a natural transition for me to attend Colorado State University in pursuit of a degree in Construction Management.
As a coach and teacher at heart, I have a passion for learning how to do something better and then helping others with this knowledge. So, after receiving my degree, I moved to Sacramento and started my career working with several local private homebuilders. I was able to help these companies enter the Sacramento market by hiring their teams and developing their processes – from land acquisition to warranty work on housing developments.
Additionally, I began educating myself about the “building science” associated with building more energy efficient and comfortable homes and this experience has clear value for clients of a systematic approach to efficient scheduling, specification selections and customer relations.
Great People Make A Great Company
I understand that the home building industry is ‘people oriented’ and recognize one key to success is surrounding you with good people and treating everyone with respect and honesty. This approach of how to deal with people is has served us well with assembling a great team within ESI and developing long lasting relationships with our Trade Partners. This all translates to being able to serve our customers needs for quality, and supporting them through the entire process. The end result is that every one of our past clients feels good about the way they were treated and their building experience.
When I’m not analyzing plans or researching some better product or way to improve ESI’s approach, you can find me doing something with my family or enjoying the outdoors. Most of my down time is spent hanging out with my four awesome children and lovely wife, Kelly. I love the hills and forests of northern California and often spend time hiking and mountain biking.
Allan Priest – Vice President
As the son of a masonry contractor and coming from an all-around “do-it-yourself” family, it has been a natural fit to become an owner and co-Founder of a high quality home building and remodeling firm.
Lifetime of Learning
I have been working in real estate and residential construction for over 15 years as a licensed California Real Estate Broker, remodeler, and an experienced investor. After graduating from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo with a BS Degree in Environmental Science, I had a successful 21-year environmental consulting career working for large and small international businesses. In the past 8+ years I have renovated many northern California homes and apartments for both short-term and long-term investments for ESI and a family-owned real estate investment brokerage.
Additionally, I have scoped and managed dozens of remodel and home performance enhancement projects including solar, hot water heaters, insulation, windows, weatherization, pools, and lighting systems.
This unique expertise has allowed me to become one of a handful of professionals in No. California to be Certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) as both a Building Analyst and a Building Envelope Professional and, like the rest of the ESI Team, I believe in maximizing the comfort and efficiency of every project we complete.
Building a Top Rating Company
As a Vice President, Co-Owner and the Chief Financial Officer of ESI, I apply my decades of small business ownership and experience to create, maintain, and manage the company’s financial systems.
This oversight allows our team to focus on operations and provide top notch quality products and experiences for our clients. From the basics of engaging our trade partners and vendors to the complexities of routine project cost accounting – the quality assurance, accounting, and compliance systems I manage are critical to our success.
A 5th generation Californian and local Sacramento-area resident for nearly 30 years, I live in El Dorado Hills, with my wife, Jen, and we raised two great kids in this community. When not supporting new home construction and remodeling solutions with ESI – I enjoy golf, boating, fishing, supporting local non-profit organizations, and professional sports.
Joel Krogman – Project Superintendent
I started swinging a hammer while in high school working all summer on dormitory renovations and other projects at a local church camp — I knew the construction industry was my future.
Since then, I have worked in every part of the business having done so for small custom home builders, multi-family apartment developers, and large production home builders in Washington, Nevada, and Northern California.
Now, with over 20 years as a Project Superintendent, I appreciate the importance of a client focused approach, high quality work, and building a truly effective team of trade partners and vendors.
Easiest Decision I Ever Made
I had worked with Dave Sipes (ESI President) for years as a Project Superintendent and know that a quality process, great products, and a team approach were his most important priorities. So, when the opportunity to move over to ESI Builders came up, it was an easy decision and I look forward to continuing to build a successful business with this outstanding company and team.
Every day my priority is to track hundreds of details and catch problems before they occur. And I know it’s important to be a good partner to our subcontractor partners while also ensuring accountability and watching out for our clients’ best interests, critical schedules and budgets.
When not supporting ESI’s clients and working on the many details and field operations of our projects, I enjoy fishing, golfing, archery and a host of other activities. Nothing is better than being outdoors in our Northern California community and an active family and great friends keep me busy as we enjoy time together.
Maria Giorgi – Project Manager/Office Manager
– From a young age through gaining my BS degree in Communication Studies from Sacramento State, I have sought opportunities to engage with and help people. I started my professional career in sales for a large production home builder in Stockton, California and immediately learned the values people sought for their largest investment — a new home.
I’ve known Dave Sipes and Allan Priest (the owners of ESI Builders) for more than 15 years — starting while parents watching our sons play sports together. So, as I was looking for a new work opportunity several years ago, this position with ESI was perfect. It has allowed me to follow my interests in interior design, apply my entrepreneurial desire to help grow a business, and, most importantly — direct my vast experience in helping customers achieve their vision.
I Keep Everyone On Track
At ESI Builders, my role as Project Manager is taking a client from the potentially abstract concepts and final vision they have and leading them through the complex process of design, specifications, and eventual execution. With an eye on innovative projects, new design trends, and budgets — I thrive in bringing the many pieces together.
Whether a remodel or new home project, my primary focus is on effective, direct, and consistent communication on all levels. From the clients, to the field superintendent, to our trade partners, or our office team – and then back to our clients — my job is done when everyone is clearly knows the details on scope, status, roles, budgets, and schedule for our success.
So, although I love a good home construction project, my life away from work is filled with enjoyment of my family, friends, and a host of hobbies. When not spending time with my children and my beautiful grand-daughter, I enjoy cooking, entertaining, reading and traveling.